Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sweet spot


What is it like having 4 kids?
"Imagine you are drowning and someone hands you a baby" (jim gaffigan).
Sometimes it definitely feels that way
but sometimes it is good

I was just telling Brett a few days ago I feel like I am in my sweet spot, not the amazing chair I mentioned in a previous blog, but a sweet spot in the ages of my children.

Maya and Norah are in school full time and I get be at home with Levi and Sarah 4 days a week. and it is good.

I am just really enjoying my time with the 2 littles, I seriously  love age 3, it has been my favorite with all of my kids, a little more independent but still full of so much cuteness, that is Sarah.  DSC_0747 DSC_0754 DSC_0795

And Levi with his words and the way he imitates his sisters with everything,  His cuddles and kisses. I could soak it up forever!
DSC_0730 IMG_0209 IMG_0474


Levi and Sarah

They are good kids

They cuddle with me

Play with me
IMG_0466

They play with each other
DSC_0790


and by themselves so well
DSC_0771 DSC_0770 IMG_0360 DSC_0775 DSC_0782 DSC_0788


Levi Naps for very long periods of time. And Sarah still naps every other day and when she is not napping she occupies herself so well.

Don't get me wrong, there is still winning, crying and fits, poopy diapers, and food everywhere.  And chaos and arguments, especially when all 4 our home.  But it just doesn't seem to overtake my life right now, or maybe I'm just used to it now and it doesn't bother me as much. 

But there are these moments during my day where the house is totally quite and peaceful.  I spend a lot of that time cooking and cleaning.  But I have also gotten time to read, to rest, to just sit outside and be.

It is so nice to have a part of my day that doesn't feel like I'm going 100 miles an hour.   To just take my mind off of diabetes and off everything that feels hard.. I know this time will not always be here, so I am trying to just soak it up, but at least for now I am enjoying my sweet spot, in life and in my chair.

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing about your two littlest! They are so cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...your ordinary is very ExtraOrdinary...very blessed, living in the Light of His Presence!!
    luv ya, anotha granny

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, it always makes my day!